Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Goodbye, 2010

Looking back, 2010 was a really good year. Every year is filled with a few rough patches and this one was no different. I'm certain that the rough patches of 2010 made me a better person. As a family we enjoyed an insane amount of fun time together and made memories that I'll never forget. I love you Nick and Mason!

January: My social life wasn't busy, but I was overly busy at work preparing for the first ever Oklahoma Mission of Mercy.

February: Nick joined me on a work trip to Chicago and we got to take photos with a real Oscar.
March: This month I decided to take a good hard look at myself. I changed some things, which changed some relationships, which ended up being a big game changer for the rest of my year. This was a hard month, but the most important month of the year.

April: We enrolled Mason in Kindergarten and I ran my first 10k...not very gracefully might I add. Mason and my mom also finished their first race!

June: Mason landed a role as one of the lead kitten in Disney's Aristocats at a local theatre. And we headed back out on another road trip because Willy and Sanja got married! Nick and I also signed up to run the Donald's Half Marathon at Disney (Jan 2011). My first, his second.

July: We hosted friends over for a fabulous fireworks display on the 4th and I headed back to Chicago for another work trip.

August: We were busy this month. Mase had a blast of a birthday party and later that month we celebrated my birthday. Mason also started Kindergarten and I got a new job!
September: Football.

October: We visited a pumpkin patch, brewed our first batch of homemade beer, took a lovely nature walk in a nearby park and dressed up for Halloween.

November: We had our first vegetarian Thanksgiving and watched OSU lose the Bedlam game.


2011 is sure to bring just as much joy, and I'm sure just as many rough patches. I plan to complete my first half marathon and full marathon in 2011. I can't wait to post about it this time next year.

May 2011 bring you and your family many laughs, lots of love and most importantly good memories.

- S

No comments: