Dear Mason:
I can't believe you're five! Every parent has a cheesy "I remember this time five years ago" story, so I won't let you down without sharing one of my own. When I was pregnant I remember wondering how you would fit into our family. I'll admit that I was worried things would be different. Things are quite different, nothing in our lives is the same and I can't imagine it any other way.
You were born on a Monday and I remember driving to the hospital scared out of my mind. They wheeled me into the operating room and your dad was there. When you were born you let out the loudest lamb-like cry and Dad and I looked at each other and laughed. How could something so small make such a funny noise? Little did we know that was the start of many strange (and loud) noises you would make over the years.
The first time I got to hold you I immediately loved you more than I've ever loved anyone. An incredible sense of calm came over me and I knew I was ready to be your mama. You were so precious with your squinchy eyes and jet black hair. I wanted to hold you forever.
You're just as sweet and funny today. Not a day goes by that you don't make us laugh. Not a day goes by that you don't make us proud. You are one of the most caring and considerate people I know, I love that about you. I love looking at life through your eyes, you've taught me to slow down and live in the moment. You laugh all the time and your laugh is absolutely contagious. It certainly helps that you have darling dimples and sparkly eyes!
You admire colors and always make mention of a pretty sunset. You are very artistic and love to organize. If we have an empty box you always ask if you can have it. You stay awake hours after we put you to bed and talk to your guys. You and your guys have crazy adventures together! It's hard to tell you to go to sleep when you are giggling so hard in your room. I'm glad you're happy, I'm glad you have adventures with them.
You are one of my most favorite people and I love you so much!
Happy Birthday, Mason!!!
Love,
Mama
________________________________________________________





2 comments:
OK I JUST SHED A TEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRY TO RE-LIVE MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTH EVERY YEAR SO SHE UNDERSTANDS HOW SUCH A WONDERFUL MOMENT OF BECOMING A MOM IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE JUST THE ABSOLUTE BEST EVER EMOTION!!! NOTHING CAN COME CLOSE TO IT, AND YOU ONLY HAVE THE ONE, ITS MEANS EVEN MORE... THANKS FOR SHARING, THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL xoxo
KLP
Sorry, I meant to say and when you (us moms)only have the one... oops :-)
KLP
Post a Comment