Saturday, August 28, 2010

"I Have Two Percys!"

Many of you who have followed the curly-headed guy since birth know of our good family friend: the blue penguin we call Percy. For those of you who don't know him, meet Percy.


Percy has been with us through thick and thin. He's seen many tears, many more smiles and has played more games than he can count on his two orange flippy feet. Mason has a giant army of stuffed animals he calls 'the guys'. Percy was the leader of the guys until about two years ago when he go edged out by a pale yellow fella called Duck. Meet Duck.


Back to Percy. When Mason was little we decided to buy Percy #2. I know some of you parents out there understand where we're coming from. Buying a backup is good for two reasons 1) the child will never know the original was lost and, 2) the parents will never have to witness the wrath of a child who has just lost his/her favorite animal. Smart thinking. :)

Since Percy has fallen down the ranks we decided to let Mason in on our little secret.


- S

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so sweet! I love his laugh!!!

Julie said...

Too funny!!!! We've been through our share of Gabe's black doggy. But now he knows that he gets a new one every 9-12 mos. It's just a beanie baby and it's small and cheap so I just order a new one. He's due for one again! So funny!

Leslie said...

Navarre's world was turned upside down one day a few months ago when she saw each Bubby (a green bunny) that she loves. She says, "I have two Bubbies." I said no you don't," and promptly turned her around and left and ushered her out of the room. She has mentioned it once in passing since, but never again. I think her brain couldn't process that bit of information and has let it go!