Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 RedBUD Race

Trougakos family after the race.

We just finished our first race as a family! Nick and I took on the 10k race, and Mason and Grammie went with the two-miler. Everyone finished, no one passed out from heat, and everyone feels very accomplished!

Mason at the finish line.

Mason has been looking forward to the RedBUD race for awhile now, we're excited to see him geared up and ready to run. He walked some, ran some, danced some, and found a little nature along the way. I'm so proud of him!! (We say RedBUD because Mason puts the emphasis on the BUD part of the name.) He's super excited to have received a medal at the end too!!!

Mason and Grammie did a great job!

Grammie did a fantastic job too! This was her first race and she seemed to shine brightly after it was done. She was a trooper and we appreciate her walking with Mason.



I've had a goal of completing a 10k for awhile now. Finally I did it! I attempted a 10k race last December, but a knee injury kept me from completing the entire thing. I haven't done much training, so race day seemed a bit daunting to me, but thankfully I have a fabulous coach! Nick raced beside me (even though I race more like the tortise, and he's more like the hare) and encouraged me through the whole time. I whined, complained, felt like fainting, walked up hills, complained some more, but finished by running across the finish line. It's not about how you get there as long as you get there, right? That's what I'm telling myself tonight. :)

After the race, Mom and I treated ourselves to pedicures. Her toes are now a lovely shade of Elephantastic Pink, I opted for a RedBUD purple.

You can check out more photos from our big day by clicking here.

So a big THANK YOU to Grammie for walking with Mase, we are proud of both of you!

And a giant THANK YOU to Nick for believing in me, coaching me, having patience when I start getting dramatic, and most of all for loving me so much.

I have a super duper family. I love them dearly.

- S

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So, Stephanie, you look just like your mom!