Sunday, April 25, 2010

Boots and a Medal

The title of this blog post is terrible. Where did my creative juices go? I blame it on being tired, it's been a long week.

Nick and I attended a Diamonds and Denim ball last night, check out our cowboy gear. I haven't worn boots since seventh grade. What's that you say? You're surprised I owned legit cowboy boots? We all have our closet of secrets...

Here we are in all of our cowboy glory. :)

Nick and Steph

Cowboy Up!


















Nick was feeling really weird about pairing his suit jacket with his jeans. He didn't have to wait too long before he had company.

Three Amigos




















 
Now to the medal part....

Nick ran the half marathon today in the 10th Annual Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. He did a fantastic job coming in at 2:02:25!!! I'm so proud of him. I wish I could show you a photo of him crossing the finish line...or one of him right after he finished...or one of him wearing his medal. But I can't, somehow I missed this monumentous occasion. I got to the finish line at 8:00AM. I waited, people watched, checked out the latest running gear, waited, smiled at a family, waited. I got a text at 9:10 from Nick letting me know he was at the hotel. He was at the hotel and I was at the finish line waiting to see him cross. Epic fail. Apparently, he crossed around 8:45 and I missed it. There were a ton of people there, he doesn't exactly dress in bright showy colors, and (as mentioned above) I'm tired from my week. Yes, I realize those are terrible excuses.

I was a good wife and snapped one of him in the hotel room before he left for the race. Enjoy...

Nick's First Half Marathon - 2010
















Good job, Nick!!! I'm SO PROUD of you!

- S

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're not a terrible wife at all!! I think it was early, you were tired and he just blended in. But GO NICK for his terrific finish!!

Also, I LOVE the pic of the guys!

:)