Monday, June 7, 2010

Pink, Orange and Lots of Sweat

The first 2/3 of this post goes out to my crafty friend, Nicole.

She's one crafty gal and, if I may, she's one damn good baker. :)
Her baby girl, Caroline, had her first birthday this weekend. A party of pinks, oranges and spots of green were planned for the precious child. Nicole was ready to go all out, and she did. The preparation week didn't come smoothly for her, but in the end everything was beautiful!!
I want to show off her skillz.

Caroline's First Birthday

Caroline's First Birthday

Caroline's First Birthday

Caroline's First Birthday

Caroline's First Birthday

She also had a hand in making this cutie here. Isn't she precious?
Happy Birthday, Caroline!!!

Caroline's First Birthday

Now for the sweat part. Since these two events happened on the same day they must share the same blog post. Nick and I ran in the Downtown Dash (2009) for our first 5k race. We decided to run again this year and see how we stacked up. It was H.O.T. Now, I'm a cold kind of gal, not cold-hearted, but cold natured. I've been known to wear a hoodie on a summer night. My point is that for me to feel that hot it had to be as hot as Satan's breath. Yeah, that hot...I almost died. I didn't though. Whew.

Nick's 2009 Time: 26:43
Nick's 2010 Time: 24:35


Steph's 2009 Time: 41:33
Steph's 2010 Time: 35:59

2010 Downtown Dash

Ok folks, that's all...I'm tired because I've been sewing Aristocat costumes for the past two days. More on that later...

- S

P.S. Have I mentioned that I'm in the midst of training for a half marathon?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Steph, for everything! And go you on your race!! I had no doubt that you'd accomplish any goal you set for yourself!!

Anonymous said...

You're an amazing person. I have that running thing in the back of my mind and I just can't get it to the forefront. I have to say thanks as well, Steph, for the great friend you, Nick and Mason are to Nicole and her family. The party was a HUGE success due to the help and creativity of everyone involved. You are special to my daughter and that makes you special to me. Hey, and I was a big winner in the process of this party...I now have a new buddy...Mason! Tell him Big sends a "BIG" hello.

Steph said...

Jeanie:

Thanks so much, you're very sweet. Nicole and I have so much in common, it's easy being friends. :) Mase still talks about you and still wants to invite you to his party. :)

- Steph

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd love nothing better than to celebrate Mase's birthday with him. Just let me know when it is, and if there's a way I can be there, I will. I'd love another excuse to see my baby girl Caroline, too! A "Big" hello to Mase.

Steph said...

We'll have his party on August 7th. It'll be a late start time, around 6:00PM or so. We normally do a cookout and have some adult beverages. :)