You may remember how excited I was when he first auditioned. That excitement was pale in comparision to when we found out he made the cast AND was picked to be Berlioz, a cute little grey kitten.
Tonight was even more exciting than the two of those combined. :) The cast is split into groups, so tonight was Mason's night to play an alley cat, he plays Berlioz Friday night.
The night started off great, lots of energy and excitment. Nick and I surprised him with a few balloons and he was super jazzed.


After a speedy bite to eat Mom and I took him downstairs to get him all squared away in his alley cat costume. Things were going good, excitement levels were up...
...until it was face painting time. There was no way to prepare ourselves for his reaction to face paint. He ran away, cried, begged to go home, etc., etc. ...you get the picture.
Normally, I feel like I'm good at being able to reason with him, calm him and comfort him. But, I didn't know what to do. I knew we weren't going home. I knew he was going to go on with the show. I knew he needed face paint and I knew he was not cooperating. It's easy to tame a 20 pound baby during a tantrum. A near-five-year-old, weighing in at 44 pounds and 3'9" inches tall...well it's a whole other ball game.
Thank GOODNESS for Grammie. She saved the day!
He would only let Grammie paint his face, which was fine by us. So she did and she made him super cute. :)

And he loved every minute of it.


In the end, it all turned out well. After the painting he was back to his normal lively self.


The show was so cute and so funny! All of the kids did a great job, they were all so brave considering how young they all are.
Every great actor needs flowers at the end of their show. Mason couldn't have been more pleased.

Stay tuned for a Berlioz update tomorrow night!
-----------> Click here for the full Aristocat album. <-------------
- S



1 comment:
Go Mase! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night as Berlioz!!
Post a Comment