Monday, June 15, 2009

Downtown Dash 2009 - Our First 5k!

Nick and I (along with our friend Shelly) ran our first 5k this past weekend! What a great accomplishment for me, someone who couldn't run a lick just nine short months ago. :) I owe it all to the Couch Potato-to-5k program - it works, it really does!

The race was amazing, so many people of all different ages, sizes, abilities - so inspiring!

Nick finished 88th in the race and I finished 388th. (Don't laugh!) :)

Here we are pre-race.
Nick about to cross the finish line.
Shelly and I running to the finish.
We did it!!!!
The three of us post-race.

5k's are addictive! I'm looking forward to our next race in July.
xoxo,
Steph

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew y'all would do great!

Mel said...

Congrats!! I am so proud of you Steph- awesome!!!

Summer said...

No one should be laughing b/c you did it!!! U finished!!! Fantastic!