If there is one thing I know about Mason, it's that he loves nature, animals, and vegetable/fruit farms.
On our recent trip back from Orlando, we stopped in Dothan, AL, to pick strawberries. $10/bucket!
This weekend we drove to Broken Bow for a visit to the Blue Roost Farm, aka my Dad's house. I never had chickens growing up, we had dogs, but not chickens. Now, my childhood home looks more like a farm with several gardens and 60+ chickens. Oh how things change with the kids move out. Mason LOVED the farm. He got to pick out his own baby chicken and name it. He named it "Chicky", of course. (We hope it doesn't grow up to be a rooster.) {See Mason above holding his new chicken} He fed the puppy, fish, chickens, and cats. He helped Papa Chuck let the chickens out, herd them back in, and he even collected eggs for the night! (Thanks, Dad, for the three dozen fresh farm eggs!!!)
I think we have a little farmer on our hands.
- S






1 comment:
That's so sweet! I love those pics!!!
Post a Comment