Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birthday Week Day #1

It's finally here, Mason's birthday week!!

What fun stuff we have going on all week too. He has people coming to see him from Toronto to Dallas, Broken Bow to Nebraska!!

Willy and Sanja got in last night and we're so happy to have them here! They had some flight trouble yesterday but finally made it in late last night. Nick is so excited! We hope to cram a bunch of fun stuff in a few short days.

Most of you know that I'm a freak about planning Mason's parties...it's just so much fun!! This year he's having an animal theme and the preparations have already started.

Here is the invite that went out:


This year I decided to make my own envelopes for the event:

I finished them all off with a fun mailing label complete with a monkey and a snake:


What could be more fun than homemade animal crackers? I found the cutest cookie cutters and animal cracker recipe at Williams Sonoma. Mase, Nick and I got all of the animals cooked and in the freezer in preparation for the party:


Mason is having a big snake cake!! How fun! This is the board that it will sit on. It's going to be a long snake. He can't wait until Friday when Grandma gets here and helps us make it green!


Today the travelers are resting up a bit, I'm sure they are exhausted from the long day. Tonight we're taking Sanja out to eat Mexican food, a staple around here. I think we're going downtown which is really nice. Too bad it's going to be 105 today. I hope the Canadians don't melt.

Tomorrow we're all going to the zoo and to Pops for dinner...will post pictures.

xoxo,
Steph

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see all the pictures next week! I'm sorry we will miss the big day. I know he will have a blast!

Julie said...

All that birthday stuff is SO cute!!! Can't wait to see party pics!