Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Losing My Mind...Literally!

Things are coming up missing. Files are filed in the wrong folders at work. I feel like I'm constantly saying "I don't get it" or "I don't understand". We got a new carseat for Mason last night and, as many of you know, I'm normally very on top of car seats, how to install them, weight limits, etc. I've even been called the Car Seat Natzi. But, last night the car seat was smarter than me.

Today at work I can't find a single thing. All of my 2008 files are labeled 2007.
I'm officially losing it. Turns out I'm not alone however. Here are a few tidbits:

Pregnancy brain manifests itself as simple forgetfulness, loss of memory, and other minor problems. A previously "together" woman may now forget simple appointments, not be able to retain names or dates.

There are many theories of why this occurs in some pregnant women. One of the theories includes brain shrinkage. Saying that the brain shrinks 3-5% during pregnancy, which takes approximately six months after birth to return to normal. Or the theory that the problems are driven by hormones during pregnancy. While others believe that it is just a period of time where the mother-to-be is reflecting inward and the introspection and problem solving of the future is what causes the mental fuzziness.

It may even be that since labor and birth are done with the right side of the brain, our bodies are encouraging us to be more right brained during the course of pregnancy.


What ever the reason, my brain is what they call 'foggy'. I'm so confused by this blog...I don't get it. At least I rememberd my login information in order to even post this blog.

Hopefully I'll remember to come post again.

Steph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't even noticed... so what does that say? HA!