Eight years ago today....
...I married a cute Canadian.
Best. Decision. Ever.
To celebrate our eight years together, I've compiled a list.
Top Eight Favorite Things I Love About Nick Trougakos:
1. I love the way he confuses the wait staff at restaurants with the unorthodox way he orders food. It makes me giggle. They never see it coming, I always do. Suckers.
2. I love that he will randomly start singing "Blue Jays all the way, Blue Jays all the way, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Blue Jays all the way." (I can't explain this, you'll just have to ask him.)3. When he's pretending to talk like a redneck, he pulls his chin in tight to his chest and talks in a high-pitched voice. I have never seen a redneck talk like that, but I love him for trying.
4. I love that he wants to know how he can get elected to serve on the board of the Reedy Creek Improvement District. (And I love that he knows what this is without having to google it.)
5. I appreciate that he thinks I'm a little crazy but loves me anyway. For example, he is often hesitant to take my medical advice and often blows me off. He normally gives in, but not before asking me if the doctor I've suggested is "into witchcraft and stuff."
6. When we plan to travel, he will spend hours upon hours trying to convince me that we should drive instead of fly. He will research routes, determine how long it will take us, sign up for bonus points at frequented hotels and calculate the cost of gas vs. the cost of an airline ticket. If I say no, he will go back and find more evidence and present it until he confuses me into submission. He's passionate about road trips and I'm glad because some of our favorite memories together are of hitting the open highway.
7. I love that we have a secret handshake.
8. I love that he's my best friend. Best damn best friend I've ever had. Seriously.
I love you, Nick Trougakos. I dedicate this song to you.
- SC





No comments:
Post a Comment