Wednesday, November 17, 2010
My Mom
Sometimes I sit back and realize that I'm a mini me of my mother. I say things she says, I do things she does, I stand the same way she stands when she cooks. I plan and organize events like she does. The older I get, the more I've come to accept and appreciate our similarities.
She's a kind and gracious woman. She's strong willed, creative and organized. She's smart, talented and loving. She is full of encouraging words, affirmations and guidance. She has opinions and she will share them. She can also be stubborn and demanding, and almost always expects nothing less than your best. Her standards are high, but not because she's snobby, it's because she believes you have so much to offer.
She has always believed in me. I love her.
- S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
What very sweet thoughts. It sounds exactly like my mom, right down to the "planning events" part. You have a very nice blog, I'm glad I stumble on it.
Just stumbled on your blog and I love this post! I wish I had thought to say all of this first, but instead I'll just have to plagiarize. Okay, not really, but it's a very sweet sentiment :).
What a wonderful tribute to your mom. She is truly all of the things you say, as well as a loving and devoted friend.
Post a Comment