Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Sheep Has Been Sheared

It was time. The heat is starting to set in, the hair traps the heat, the hair had to go. The sheep had to be sheared.

It always is a bit sad to cut his hair. So much of his personality is tied into the lovely locks. The other day after school he said "Mom, I think I'm probably special because I have curls." Aww...he's so cute we think we'll keep him around.

He looks old now, so grown up. I'm ready for the curls to grow back. There is something about the twinkle in his eye when he smiles paired with the curls that makes him irresistible.

The first rule of shearing is to offer a popsicle.


Nick's artistic take on the event.


How much could we get at market for this bushel of hair?


The new haircut prior to washing.


In other news his arm is getting much better. I took him to the doctor today and he confirmed a bee and/or wasp sting. Apparently Mase does not react well to insect stings. The allergy isn't so bad that he'll need an epi-pen but he'll likely have big reactions every time.

This is day two. You'll notice that the swelling has moved up his arm. At this point it was very tight and hot to the touch.
Side view from the morning of Day 2.
Side view from the afternoon of Day 2.


Day three....swelling is still there but had decreased dramatically. But, he still has a nasty bruised/red area from the venom.


xoxo,
Steph

1 comment:

Summer said...

Aw! He takes after Uncle Timmy w/ those insect allergies. Those bees are nasty!!! Poor guy. I'm so glad he's getting better.

I was thinking the other day that I can't believe he's gonna be 4 this year!!!! Wow!