Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ho Ho HO! *edited with pics*

Christmas is in full swing at the Trougakos house!

Mase is loving the little tree in his room. Although he's had a tree in his room since birth he's sure this is the first time. He enjoyed hanging ornaments on it with Nick and insisted that we take it back out of his room when it was bedtime. We had to nicely mention that there will be no moving of the tree in and out of his room every day.

Mase decorating his tree...

Mase standing shirtless by his tree...
He's watched the old school Rudolph and Frosty now countless times. Shrek the Halls was on last night and he sat on the couch - a slave to the television.

Meanwhile in Santa's Workshop (aka my sewing room) I sewed and wrapped presents. We're doing an eco-friendly Christmas this year. I've designed Christmas tags and printed them on recycled paper, we're reusing old wrapping paper by turning it over and having Mason color Christmas-like things on the white side. I say "Christmas-like" because you'll have to use your imagination when you see them. He only likes to color ornaments. Lots and lots of ornaments. I'm sewing almost everything for the ladies in the family and am having such a great time!!

Recycled paper tags...I've found so many fun ideas on crafts blogs!!! I love that fellow crafters are sharing their brilliant ideas. You can find tons of cute images for your own tags here.


This was fun, I took plain paper bags and printed giant labels for them and then matched with a coordinating tag. Festive and eco-friendly!

Martha Stewart had so many great ideas for non-traditional wrapping paper. I took this idea from one of her magazines. I'm so excited how it turned out and it's fun for Mason to help color too.

Mason and I also tried our hand at homemade snowmen, stars and snowflake marshmallows this past weekend. YUM-ME!


Nick has helped out quite a bit by staying out of my way while watching his beloved Raptors. I love the man but I did not marry him for his present wrapping ability. :)

xoxo,
Steph

2 comments:

Summer said...

Great ideas! You are so creative! I can't wait for this Christmas!

Love, Summer

Unknown said...

I'm just happy that I can sit up straight while watching tv as opposed to being totally collapsed in the bed at 6:30 pm. Big time Christmas will come next year, with a 6 month old, right? HA!