Thursday, June 12, 2008

I hate the post office...

So, I don't blog in a while (much to the disappointment of my friend Nicole) then when I finally do I only have only something to gripe about. :)

I hate the post office, not all of them. I do love the one by my house that promptly delivers all of my mail. But, the one by my work SUCKS. Seriously...well maybe the whole place doesn't suck but one workerman in there sucks.

I never go to the post office. Most of my diaper buyers live in the US so I just print postage at home and chunk them in my mailbox. But, occasionally I do get international orders which require me to go to the post office. Fine...whatever.

It wouldn't be so bad except for two things.
1) The Statue of Liberty
2) The Peanut Gallery Postworker

I'm sure you're asking what in the hell the Statue of Liberty has to do with me trip to the post office...a lot actually. I can NOT get to the post office without driving by this hideous oddly-annoying Statue of Liberty lawn art. There is a house on my way that decided it would be a fabulous idea to replicate a Statue of Liberty (about the size of me) then paint a tree stump silver and stand the statue on top. REALLY??? What point are you trying to prove by spray painting a poor tree stump silver? Did the said statue owner design the original lady liberty?? Are they from New York?? What's with the obsession? What ever the reason it's simply annoying lawn art. People, don't paint trees.

Second is the guy that works at the post office. He's grumpy (much like me I suppose) and always has some comment (again like me). He has a bee in his bonnet about cloth diapers. I have to fill out a custom form declaring what is inside of my package and how much the item(s) are worth. My cloth diapers bother him. He can't refrain from commenting on them and their worth every time I go in. I get tense just walking in seeing his mug because I know he's going to make some smart mouth comment.
"For that price these things better change themselves"
"What are they made out of gold?"
"You know you could just get a kitchen towel and use instead, they are a lot cheaper"

The list goes on and I would like to share more but I'm getting irritated just typing them out.
Dude, get over it. Inflation and better design has caused the price of cloth diapers to go up since you used them in 1923...ok??

I swear the next time I go in there and he makes a comment I'm going to be tempted to say "Yes I know sir, you comment EVERY SINGLE TIME I COME IN GET OVER IT!"

Your neighborhood cloth diaper maker,
Steph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He comments about anything he says, btw. How about keep your eyes on the postage meeter and not on my stuff, dude! And yes, the statue is HIDEIOUS!