We are finally catching up on sleep from our whirlwind trip to Canada this past weekend. Nick's dad very generously flew us up for Greek Easter and we all had such a great time!
Mason LOVES to ride on airplanes so he's always jazzed when we go to the airport. Despite the nasty cold he developed over the weekend he was nothing short of excited. The Detroit airport has a really neat tunnel with electronic color walls that Mason fell in love with - he still talks about his "color wall".
If you think Greek Easter doesn't consist of massive amounts of food and beer then...well you've just got it pegged wrong. I'm fairly certain that Nick and I both gained ten pounds over the weekend...the food was just too good and we couldn't stop eating. Mason, on the other hand, would not eat a single thing except for fruit which he thought was "yummy." He gained big points in the eyes of his Papou (Nick's dad) who is also a fellow fruit lover. Now he and Mason have two things in common...they both love fruit and they both love sleeping on the couch.
The trip was filled with visits from Greek relatives, egg cracking, lamb roasting, beer, a little dancing on the deck by Nick's mom and above all else....FETA!!!! Mason, the ladies man that he is, stole a kiss from a little Greek girl named Sophia and stole the heart of his Uncle Willy's girlfriend Sonja (I hope I'm spelling her name right). Mason says his favorite part of the trip was "Sun-a" (Sonja) because she "bounced on the big bwoo (blue) ball" with him. He is apparently a fan of the bouncey ball. :)
I'm going to link to pictures from the weekend but first want to warn the many non-Greek readers of the blog....SOME OF THE PICTURES OF THE LAMB ARE GRAPHIC!!!!! I obviously did not grow up Greek and so the pictures really bother me. Please feel free to skip over them if they freak you out.
Click here for pictures of our Big Fat Greek Easter Weekend!
- Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
The link didn't work... I'm anxious to see pics!
Post a Comment