Some of you may ask "What's a blog?" Well, as a blog virgin myself I decided to look it up and post an actual definition.
blog (blŏg) n. A weblog.
(that doesn't help me one bit, how about you?)
How about this?
web·log (wěb'lôg', -lŏg') n. A website that displays in chronological order the postings by one or more individuals and usually has links to comments on specific postings.
Basically our blog is the spot that we're going to keep you guys updated on our progress, our adventures, our laughs & giggles and everything else that may come our way. Come back often!
And so starts the blog...
The Trougakos family is making a keeping-up-with-technology goal in 2008. Nick upgraded from his Walkman to a iPod Nano...Mason upgraded from lead-based plastic toys to nice eco-friendly wooden ones and I...well I'm updating from antiquated email updates to blogging. I normally reserve my update emails for one big mass production as to not annoy you all with repeated updates...but then life happens, I forget what happened in life and then a big email update seems too daunting of a task. So, I just don't send one. You can stop throwing rotten fruit now because, as I see it, this blog is the answer we've all been looking for! I can post when I please because I won't worry about bothering you guys and you can all check as often or as little as you'd like. :) Gotta love technology, right?
Looking Back
We'd like to call 2007 The Year We Survived! We survived not one but two ice storms that involved overnight power outages, two trips to the emergency room, a sub par football season by the Cowboys, a head on collision with a deer that resulted in carpooling in the Crapalier for four weeks, the first year of opening my diaper business, flying with Mason several many times, super fun toddler meltdowns in the middle of numerous stores, getting rid of the pacifier, moving to a big boy bed, a week-long voyage from OKC to Washington DC to Canada and back that included several flights and a long car trip. What a whirlwind of a year!
As much craziness as we've had we've also had some really great times! We celebrated four years of marriage, the last birthday we'll have as twenty-somethings and our tiny little baby turned two. Mason and I took our first solo trip this summer when we headed north to Chicago to visit friends. Nick and I had successful years with our own businesses (photography and diaper), kept busy and managed to keep our house clean 60% of the time. We worked in a fun minivan trip to Nebraska to visit Grandma and Grandpa with Tim, Summer and Olivia. Our zoo pass also helped keep us busy every single free/warm weekend this year. Our friend Sarah got married and made such a beautiful bride and Mason visited Canada for the first time and got to see the "big waterfall" (the rest of us call it Niagara Falls). We worked in a few trips to Broken Bow, as well, where Mason got to ride with Papa Chuck on the tractor.
I'm going to be working on updating pictures for you guys. More will come later but until then...enjoy this, our first blog.
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment