Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We LOVE cakes!

My mom and I have always shared traditions. It's one of the things I love the most about our relationship.

During our shopping excursions we eat bean nachos for lunch and stop mid-afternoon for cookies. We have a special way of ending our emails. And we bake cakes!

We have made every single one of Mason's birthday cakes ourselves. We spend countless hours researching, brainstorming and building before his birthday. We sweat, get nervous and make a few mistakes. But, in the end we always come up with fun ideas and cake designs that Mason adores.

We both share the trait of perfectionism. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. Either way, our perfectionism has enabled us to grow/learn/improve every year. For that, I'm pleased!

First Birthday - Beach Theme
Cake - Sand Castle


Second Birthday - Color Theme
Cake - Random Assortment of Randomness
(Mase begged for green cookies, purple cupcakes and blue ice cream. We do not claim this to be a masterpiece.)

Third Birthday - Jungle Theme
Cake - Snake

Fourth Birthday - Camping Theme
Cake - Campfire

Fifth Birthday - Space Theme
Cake - Rocket

A cake is currently being constructed for the birthday boy's upcoming party. I think you'll really dig it!

- S

No comments: