If you are familiar with Mason's favorite story (Charlotte's Web) then you know that Templeton the Rat hitches a ride to the fair with Wilbur. So, when the state fair opened here recently there was no doubt in our minds that we should take him! It was a hit, he loved it. Everything he loves (animals and corn) was at the fair for him to see, touch and smell.
Please excuse the random redness of this picture. It was taken in a red tent so all of the petting zoo ones look a bit Valentine's Day-ish. Either way this was one of Templeton's favorite stopping points. We bought a couple cups of food and he had a blast feeding the animals! Those poor llamas and Templeton have something in common...their hair! Can you imagine getting sawdust out of Mason's hair? *shudder*
CORN?!? Say it ain't so!
Mmmmmmm Charlotte and Templeton snacking on a cob!
On a side note (but sort of related) at preschool each kiddo has a feeling book. If they are feeling sad or upset during the day they can either draw a picture or have their teacher dictate how they feel in their feeling book. The idea is to get out the feeling that is bothering them so they can close the book on that feeling and move on to have a happy day.
Every day I check Mason's feeling book curious to see what he has to say. Every day I see nothing. He doesn't like to draw so I knew if anything would ever be there it would be a teacher dictation.
Then the other day there was writing!! WOOHOO our first feeling book entry. The entry read:
"I'm feeling sad today because I want to go back to the fair. Now let's go have a happy day!"
Oh well why don't you go and break my heart with that first feeling book entry??
Until next time,
Charlotte



No comments:
Post a Comment